What is the Women’s Circle?
The Women’s Circle is a community based organization established in 2006 that provides services to Learning Circles located in Delft, Hanover Park, Statice Heights and Philippi on the Cape Flats in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. The organization aims to build the capacity of women through consciousness raising sessions, and thereby increase women’s ability to participate more effectively in society.
We come together as experts on our own lives, to teach and learn from each other using a diverse range of activities. Many forms are employed…our imagination is the limit!
The Women’s Circle consists of women belonging to a diverse range of organizations, companies and networks that come together to promote a culture of equity and women’s rights around a programme of action that aims to:
- Encourage a respect for women’s rights and for women amongst all members
- Orientate and equip women to meet some of the challenges of the 21st century
- Expose women of all ages to a wide range of opportunities
- Showcase innovative women-led projects and programmes
- Celebrate women’s achievements
- Foster ongoing collaboration between various stakeholders